Skip to main content

Keep Stepping... Week of March 24, 2019

1 Samuel 20:2-4 King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto him, God forbid; thou shalt not die: behold, my father will do nothing either great or small, but that he will shew it me: and why should my father hide this thing from me? it is not so.
And David sware moreover, and said, Thy father certainly knoweth that I have found grace in thine eyes; and he saith, Let not Jonathan know this, lest he be grieved: but truly as the Lord liveth, and as thy soul liveth, there is but a step between me and death.
Then said Jonathan unto David, Whatsoever thy soul desireth, I will even do it for thee.
Dear Friends,
David was running for His life.  At every turn Saul was pursuing him.  King Saul sought to take David's life.  By the grace of God, there was always an escape plan for David to avoid the snares of Saul.  Sometimes, the escape was "a matter of steps."  David kept moving.  
Each of us by the hands of the same Gracious God are here to enjoy life for another day.  
  • For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart... (Psalm 95:7-8a)
He is Our God and our life is hid in Christ.  It is true that we do not know when we are taking the last step, singing the last song, praying the last prayer.  Yet, it is imperative that we "keep stepping."  Keep stepping in our work to bring glory to the Name of Jesus.  Keep stepping in letting our light shine.  Keep stepping in showing love for one another.  Don't stop.  Weary sometimes, but keep moving.  The steps may slow down.  Sometimes we have to keep stepping while standing in one place.  Yet, we move.  We must keep stepping.

  • For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.  - Acts 17:28
Thank you God for the grace to keep on going.  Thank you for the empowering of the Holy Ghost to continue to press forward.  Thank you God for leading us, guiding us and ordering our steps.

Keep stepping my brothers and sisters!
God bless you.

In Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie