Skip to main content

God Is My Judge



May 9, 2013

"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward."
               -  Psalm 127:3


Dear Friend,

The "Greatest Love of All" was playing just as I getting ready to begin this entry and the Lord quickened me to write about one of my greatest loves, my oldest daughter Dayna.
Her name means God is My Judge.  I must admit that I did not know that when her name
was chosen.  My husband chose the name.  God knew how significant her name would
be and the strength it would bring to her life and the life of our entire family.

Through Dayna I have learned to embrace the truth of "a little child shall lead them."  We would come home from church when she was very young and she would want to play choir and always sing "Jesus Will Fix It." I remember once she was playing and I was going through a difficult time, she stopped and looked at me and said. "God is able Mommy!" I called and told my mother and we would repeat when confronted with situations later on "Dayna said God is able. My oldest daughter initiated me in to motherhood because she is the firstborn.  We have been through so much together.  When the tough questions came, first when she was in the third grade I told her to pray and she did and she has never stopped.  When harder battles came in high school
and I wished that I could step in and make bullies go away I told her read your Bible and she did -- everyday and she has never stopped. 

The Bible says a little child shall lead them...well they can and they do.  Even as they grow up.  Then there are the little children in the church, the neighborhood, the school and the ones you have not met but can still pray for.   Although, I write about my daughter today the message is so much more...

Children are a heritage...from the Lord he grants them to us as parents as community.
What a tremendous privilege.  I thank God for not only my daughters but for the many children He has allowed me to learn from through the years and I am still learning...

                                    "He's got the little bitty baby in HIs hands. He's got
                                     the little bitty baby in His hands.  He's got the whole
                                     world in His hands."

God bless!
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...