Skip to main content

Still Struggling?




 "And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
 And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord."   Genesis 25:21-22


Dear Friend,

Our church choir sings a song entitled, "The Struggle is Over."  One line in the song states,
"You've been in this place long enough...God says,the struggle is over for you."  

I don't know about you today, but many times I find myself still struggling. 

The background for the cited scripture is that Rebekah is carrying twins.  Her pregnancy the result of answered prayers.  Knowing that she had been blessed by God she was perplexed by the immense struggle of the children within her.  How could there be such a struggle along with this blessing?  She wanted to know.  Therefore, Rebekah went to the Source. "She went to enquire of the Lord."

Our struggle today, yours and mine may be coupled with an obvious blessing or it may appear to be just a stand alone heap of trouble. Yet, whatever it is, whatever it may look like
there is only one solution if the desire is peace.  Seek God and lay it on the altar. 


  I did a word search on the word struggle in the KJV and only found it mentioned once, that
is in Genesis 25.   There is so much that can be learned from examining these verses.
Why the struggles Lord? Why am I still struggling. 

I offer for consideration words penned by E.A. Hoffman in 1900 together with Rebekah's
example.  I found consolation in both scripture and song.  I hope you will too if you are still struggling...

God bless!
Sis. Stephanie

Is Your All on the Altar - E. A. Hoffman (Public Domain)
1 You have longed for sweet peace,
And for faith to increase,
And have earnestly, fervently prayed;
But you cannot have rest,
Or be perfectly blest,
Until all on the altar is laid.

Refrain:
Is your all on the altar of sacrifice laid?
Your heart does the Spirit control?
You can only be blest,
And have peace and sweet rest,
As you yield Him your body and soul.

2 Would you walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
And have peace and contentment alway?
You must do His sweet will,
To be free from all ill,
On the altar your all you must lay.[Refrain]

3 Oh, we never can know
What the Lord will bestow
Of the blessings for which we have prayed,
Till our body and soul
He doth fully control,
And our all on the altar is laid. [Refrain]

4 Who can tell all the love
He will send from above,
And how happy our hearts will be made;
Of the fellowship sweet
We shall share at His feet,
When our all on the altar is laid. [Refrain]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie