Skip to main content

More Than We Ask For


 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee.
 And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
 And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
 And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.
 And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
 And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
 There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
 And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
   - Luke 17:11-19
Dear Friends,
The ten men were eager for an encounter with Jesus.  They understood that He alone had the power to heal their affliction.  They acknowledged  Him, "Jesus, Master" and asked for mercy.  Mercy was granted and they were healed.  It could be in their excitement they forgot their manners and went their way.  They had gotten what they wanted.  They didn't need Jesus to do anything else.  Nine of them disappear from the text.  
But one, when he realized the miracle that had taken place glorified God.  He wasn't shy about it. He cried out with a loud voice.  Shouted!  He was overcome with thanksgiving.  He worshipped the Lord.  He fell down on face at the feet of Jesus.   As a result, he received more than he asked for.  This man was made whole.
The original request was for physical healing and this healing was granted. But God, The Lord God stands ready to grant us more than we ask for.  God seeks those who would worship Him.  Healing that is complete goes beyond our physical needs and reaches into our souls.  More than we ask for.  Worship the Lord. Praise Him. The results are always so much more than we can ask or think.  
God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...