Skip to main content

Let There Be Light - Genesis 1:3

And God said, Let there be light; and there was light. - Genesis 1:3

In the midst of the greatest darkness, there is still light.  Why? How can it be? Because God has ordained it.  And God said, let there be light; and there was light.  God does not go back on His word.  There is the light of the sun to make the day brighter;  The sun shines even behind the clouds.  It shines because God assigned the role of the sun. Its role has not changed. The moon and stars shine at night.  They light up the night sky.  Even when the night is overcast and it seems like there is not a star in the sky, don't be deceived.  Every star is in place.  Twinkling in blessed harmony, according to the will of God.

The same God has assigned each believer a light.  He has instructed us not to hide our light but to shine our light brightly that others might see.  The light of good work matters.  Kindness, Goodness.  Love.  Faith,  Peace.  Hope.  All lights.  Let's hold up the light.  Hold the light high for Jesus Christ.  Even as children are being slain in the streets we must hold the light.  If ever there was a time that we need to stand strong, the time is now.

Truthfully, I don't feel strong.  Yet, I am admonished in Joel chapter three to say that I am strong.  I am told to proclaim it.  "...Let the weak say I am strong."  Do you hear me?  Will you say it aloud? "I am strong."  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  

Let there be light!  Jesus gave me a little light.  I'm gonna let it shine.  Every where I go, I'm gonna let it shine.  All in my home, I'm gonna let it shine.  Let it shine! Let it shine. Let it shine!
This little light of mine!

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...