Skip to main content

Don't Give Up



"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God". 
         - Psalms 43:3-5


Dear Friends,

I was thinking about a song my Auntie used to sing in the choir "I Won't Give Up."  

She sang the words with tremendous power and conviction.  "I won't give up, friends all around and I can't find my way.  Even when my body is wracking with pain. When there is no money in my pocket. I won't give up."  The choir would come in "No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I won't give up!" I remember when I would direct the song I would have to count on my fingers to make sure I did not miss a NO! (smile)

Don't give up! It's always too soon to quit.  The enemy enjoys pressing Christians.  However, the Holy Spirit keeps prompting me to encourage you to hold on.  We are not exempt from depression  or sometimes even despair.  These are shadows of darkness that we endure in this life.  Yet, God prevails in the darkness.  

Remember Jesus on the pinnacle of the temple.The enemy tempted Him to cast himself down:


"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." - St. Matthew 4:5-7
 
In the midst of the deepest grief or sadness Christ is present and He will deliver.  In sorrow, joy abides above the clouds.
  
Sometimes all we can do is reach our hands up toward heaven reaching out to the Lord and I believe the Lord reaches back.

Sometimes we hum a song in the midnight or in the middle of the day alone in a room or maybe at work or school and the tears fall. We hope that someone would call or that someone is thinking about us or praying for us.  Know my brother or sister that Jesus sees and knows. He responds to every utterance and sees every tear. He places us on the hearts of other Christians to intercede for us in prayer. The Holy Spirit makes intercession for us.

You may have experienced such trauma that to speak of the hurt to anyone is just not possible. Yet, God knows.  The Lord feels your pain.  He is able to deliver you from the hurt and heal the wounded soul and heart.  He tells us: "Behold I make all things new."  - Revelation 21:5

Let's pray for those who are hurting and are ready to give up on life because they have lost hope.  The Bible teaches that: "the effectual, fervent prayer of the righteous availeth (accomplishes)
much." - James 5:16 

Don't give up. Hold on. There is ALWAYS HOPE IN GOD.

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie