Skip to main content

Look Where He's Brought Us From



"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men."
  - Titus 3:3-8

Dear Friends,
My father used to caution me not to develop a "holier than thou attitude."  My grandmother would say to me: "Steph we all got faults."  These words of wisdom have stayed with me throughout my life. I slip sometimes into thinking thoughts like: "I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ARE ACTING LIKE THAT!" "I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!."  
I imagine that there are those who observed me at various times in life and said the same thing.  "For we ourselves were sometimes foolish and disobedient..." Still can be.  Still are.  As we grow in Christ however, there should be less foolishness and certainly less disobedience.  When we fall short the road to repentance should be swift.  The adage if you know better you'll do better is real.
The point is we should be mindful of where God has brought us from, mindful that we make this journey by the grace of God. 

" Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." 
           -       Zechariah 4:6 cf
We are kept by the kindness and grace of God through the love of Jesus Christ.  
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
And because we have received this rejuvenating power we are to continue to walk in the way, live the life of Christ and maintain the work of the Lord.
Wherever you are today, don't give up. Don't give out.  Stay the course.  Stand. Hold on. Maintain the work of the Lord.  
Stop. Look. Think about where He has brought you from.

in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie