Skip to main content

Seriously




"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." - I Peter 5:8-9

Dear Friends,

Some people are getting discouraged in their Christian walk

  • Seriously
It's happening they say because they hear some folks talking about the Lord but not walking the walk

  • Seriously
Say that folks are texting and sleeping and whining throughout the church service and complaining that it is everybody else's "fault"

  • Seriously
There has been talk that personal opinion is elevated and that some folks prefer it to the Word of God

  • Seriously
In the midst of all this chaos people are wondering why folks are out of order and seem to be acting odd
  • Seriously
Reports are that situations like this are occurring in numerous churches and in several states
  • Seriously
And if you have the audacity to confront, rebuke and correct with scripture you might be considered "out of place"

  • Seriously
There is a Word from the Lord on all of these matters
Vain repetitions and useless chatter 
Unforgiving attitudes, idle talk, speaking evil of things you know not of

Slander, gossip and such---
sowing discord among the brethren, vowing and neglecting to pay, not denying oneself, insisting on having your way, being judgmental, failure to worship God in Spirit and truth, evil with the love of money at the root

  • Seriously
The  remedy is in Jesus Christ alone. There is salvation in no other. He is the Lord. He reigns supreme. Jesus the Head of the Church the Elder Brother.

He said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father but by me."

He meant every word, nothing added nothing taken away...

Now is the time to get thing in order. Now. Right 
now!

  • Seriously

"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?" 
       - I Peter 4:17


in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...