Skip to main content

Abounding With Thanksgiving


"As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving."
    - Colossians 2:6-7

Dear Friends,

"I have so much to thank God for so many wonderful blessings, so many open doors."  These opening words to the song For Every Mountain by Kurt Carr ring true in my spirit.

I am thankful for salvation through Jesus Christ. No more guilt and shame. Jesus, my Redeemer. Jesus my Deliverer.  Jesus, my Advocate. Jesus, my Strength.
Abounding with thanksgiving.

Thankful for being rooted in Christ.  Blessed to be grounded, held secure. Blessed to be sustained and built up daily by the Holy Spirit.  Blessings upon blessings. New mercies every day. Abounding with thanksgiving.

So thankful for grace.  Grace.  Sufficient grace.  Grace that meets each need.  Grace I do not deserve. But God, rich in grace and mercy, provides for me.  Grace so full and amazing.  Abounding with thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving abounds.  Counting my blessings.  For my life, Lord I thank You.
For my family, I thank You.  Friends.  Thank you Lord.  Health and strength. I am thankful Lord.  Shelter and food, thank You Lord.  For every open door and moved mountain, Jesus, thank You.  Forgiveness. Thank You for saving my soul Dear God.  Abounding with thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving abounds.

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...