Skip to main content

Even At My Worst



"I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities"
    - Psalm 31:7

Dear Friends,

"Jesus knows all about our struggles.  He will guide until the day is done.  There's not a friend like the Lowly Jesus.  No, not one.  No, not one."

Friends.  My mother taught me that if one is fortunate enough to have one true friend in life, you are blessed.  A true friend, a person you can confide in.  Someone who shares your joy and pain.  Someone who sees you at your worst, even at your worst and loves you unconditionally.  Jesus is That Kind of Friend.

When I am glad and rejoice, the Lord is there.  He is the source of my joy and He creates my gladness.  When I am in trouble, when my soul is consumed with grief, He is there.  The Lord is the Way Maker.  He provides courage and strength when trouble seems to surround me.  Even though I may cry or complain about my circumstances, the Lord is with me.

Adversity. When things just don't seem to go my way.  On days when I look around and find myself surrounded my people, yet, feeling alone He is there.  Even at my worst, when I lose heart, when my faith is shaky and my "shining light" is flickering, I am not alone.  In my adversity the Lord is with me.

Lord, I thank you for loving me in spite of myself.  I thank you for "seeing me" and being My Help, My Friend, My All. Thank you Lord for blessings my soul, even at my worst.

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...