Skip to main content

Just Believe


"While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the Master any further? As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe."    - Mark 5:35-36

Dear Friends,

The situation seemed hopeless. Yet, the ruler determined to bring the matter to Jesus.  Our determination to hold fast to our faith may incite rage in others who are struggling.  Our advantage is that Jesus knows, sees and hears even our faintest cry. No one can hinder our access to the Lord.   

Don't be afraid just believe. These words of encouragement from the Lord add strength to endure any adverse circumstance.  With our focus and hope centered on Christ we are overcomers.  I heard a preacher say: "It doesn't get any more  serious than death."  Christ, the Resurrection and the Life can cause what is dead to live again.  

This bringing the dead to life is not always referencing physical death.  Dreams die. The Lord can cause them to be reborn, just believe.  Relationships die. The Lord can rekindle love. Just believe.  "Can these bones live again?"  Yes.  At the Word of God, at His command life can begin again.  Just believe.

The power of God is beyond our earthly understanding.  His wisdom is infinite.  His understanding is unsearchable. God never fails.
Just believe.

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...