Skip to main content

Strong and of Good Courage

“Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” - Deuteronomy 31:6

Keep holding onto your faith.  Walking by faith and not by sight is not an easy walk.  Yet, it is a certain one.  The certainty comes in knowing that Faithful God is ordering our steps when we choose the path of faith.  In times like these, it is good to know that the Lord is leading and we only need to follow His guidance.  Human nature is prone to wander away and to look at what we can see.  

These days we are being told to follow the science.  We should give honor to whom honor is due.  God has ordained science. It is used by God to help us in our earthly lives.  Doctors, nurses, and all on the front lines deserve our respect and appreciation.  We need to take heed to wise counsel.

God deserves first honor, all adoration and praise, for He is is control of all.  He is the Great Physician.  Our reverence goes to God alone. God keeps making a way in the wilderness.  He uses who He will or may to get things done.  Be strong and of good courage.  Our strength is in God.  We can have good courage and great expectations because we serve Great God.

Some days it is overwhelming.  Bad news floats all around us.  Not easy to be strong.  Not easy to be courageous.  But just because it is not easy does not mean it is impossible.  Remember, let the weak say: I am strong.(Joel 3:10)  Remember: the joy of the Lord is our strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)  Remember, wait on the Lord and be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart. Wait, I say on the Lord. (Psalm 27:14)

“Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

God bless!
In Christ,
Sis. Stephanie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...