Skip to main content

In My Prayer Room




Matthew 6:1-6King James Version (KJV)

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Dear Friends,

Several years ago my daughter Darci cleared out a special space for me.  I opened the door to one of the closets in the house and she had
created a space for me so that Mommy could have her personal prayer closet.  I was overwhelmed with gratitude that my lovely daughter and sister in-Christ had done this for me.  In obedience to the Holy Spirit she had shown such great insight and love.  The  room became a spiritual fortress and even as I type these words I realize that when I opened the door that day the Holy Spirit ushered me into a new chapter of my spiritual journey.

All of my Christian life I have struggled with the discipline/privilege of prayer. I became intimidated by the LOOMING LARGENESS of it.

I felt that I didn't have the spiritual qualifications to be a strong Pray-er. At first, I felt I was too young. Later I was too busy. Years passed and spiritual blindness took hold. I didn't feel it was necessary to actually pray, talking about doing it was enough.  All of this went on until I found myself standing alone in "my prayer room."

My prayer room.  This is the place where Grandmother, mother, father, preacher, brother or sister cannot help.  It's that "it's me, it's me O Lord standing in the need of"...place. It is the room where the Holy Spirit gives you the now or never glance into your own heart.  It's that room of reckoning where storms threaten to swallow you up and you shake from the inside out and say out loud or shout in your head, "God please help me!"  My prayer room. Of course yours may look different.

In my prayer room.  There are mostly scars and stains and blood like tear drops reminding me of the One who has answered the petitions set forth in my prayer room.  My prayer room is mobile.  It goes where I go. That way I can continually have access to it. 

My prayer room is the place where my faith lives. It is where the real conversations take place. Breakthroughs happen. Directions are given. Steps are ordered. Healing is made manifest. Deliverance occurs. Miracles take place. Freedom rings. In the prayer room. 
Room for God...time for God...communication with God...listening to God...this is the prayer room.

 Pray without ceasing. 
    - I Thessalonians 5:17

Songwriter Johnny Lange described it this way in the chorus to his song entitled I Found the Answer:

    I found the answer, I learned to pray!
    With faith to guide me, I found the way;
    The sun is shining for me each day.
    I found the answer, I learned to pray!

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

  1. I love you all so very much!This post is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be encouraged today... Take the time to commune with God. " Take the Lord with you children, everywhere you go... in the street, all alone, on the highway, the byway... take the Lord with you children.., everywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Dayna and Frank. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie