Skip to main content

If It Had Not Been for the Lord On My Side




Psalm 139:7-10King James Version (KJV)

7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.

Dear Friends,

"If it had not been for the Lord on my side tell me where would I be? Where would I be? Where would I be?  He kept my enemies away. He let the sun shine through a cloudy day. He rocked me in the cradle of His arms when He knew I had been battered by the storm."
     - Margaret P. Douroux

When I look back to the many times when I tried to flee from the will of God I learned there was no hiding place.  Thank God when we do not know what is good for us He remains good to us.  There is no place we can go where He is not.  Brothers and sisters wherever we are God is.

The safest place, the place of content is in the will of God.  He says soldier of my child turn right and we turn right.  God says start moving until I tell you to stop and we obey.  The move may be a crawl, a walk, a trot or a run.  Whatever the case we are follow His command.

During the times when I thought I would do it my way and take a short cut, God was still there. When I hid in the valley because I thought the mountain He assigned me to climb was too hard, the Lord didn't leave me. He gave me another chance.  Some journeys have taken longer than they should have because I didn't get obey the first time. Yet the Lord has always kept me.

If it had not be for the Lord on my side, where would I be?
Thank you God for keeping me day by day.  Thank you for your protection and comfort.  Thank you Lord.
Bless your Holy Name.

in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...