Skip to main content

Lord We Come to Thee, O Thou That Hearest Prayer

Psalm 65:1-2King James Version (KJV)

65 Praise waiteth for thee, O God, in Sion: and unto thee shall the vow be performed.
2 O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.

Dear Friends,

My Pastor began a series this past Sunday on prayer.
As I reflect back on some of the key points words to a familiar hymn come to mind:
"O what peace we often forfeit. O what needless pain we bear. All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer."
My grandmother would often say to me, "Steph, it don't get too big or too small that I don't go to God about it!"

Heavenly Father,

Thank You for being Lord of the big and small in our lives.  Mighty God.  Lord we come to You knowing that You not only hear us but trusting that You answer prayer.  We pray for those who have asked us to remember them in a special way.  You know their needs whether physical, emotional or mental.  Father God most of all we pray that spiritual needs be met. Increase our faith. Grant us a deeper understanding of You and Your will for our lives.
Lord right now, in this very moment we come. We thank you for the privilege of prayer.  In Jesus name.
Amen.

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...