Skip to main content

Out of the Depths of My Soul...


Psalm 130: 1-3 kjv

"1 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord. 2 Lord hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. 3 If thou shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?"

Dear Friends,

There are certain life chapters or experiences that lead us to crying unto the Lord out of the depths of our souls.  The depths of your soul are different from the depths of mine.  Although, similar or even the same type of experience may lead us there, the depths of one's soul is a private place. Its magnitude, the true impact of its dimension can only be understood by God and interpreted by the Holy Spirit. And it is in the Mighty Name of Jesus that we are pulled out of strongholds and given the strength to continue on.

"In That Vast Dimension: Out of the Depths" sdktyus @2017

Lord in that vast dimension
Out of the depths of my soul
I come to Your throne with thoughts and concerns
That You alone can hold
There are petitions for those I care about
Needs in their lives I pray will soon be met
Sisters and brothers on my journey that others often forget 

Lord in that vast dimension
Out of the depths of my weary soul
I ask for more faith and strength
When life's struggles take their toll
When the "assignments" are unclear to me
And it seems that I am off track
Give me the courage, renew my mind
Remind me though the Holy Spirit that there is no lack

Lord in that vast dimension
Out of the depths of my soul
I pray for the hungry, imprisoned and lonely
I pray for the grieving and those who struggle as they grow old
I pray for the unforgiving, touch their hearts and fill them with grace
I pray that you forgive me Lord and keep me in a humble place

Lord in that vast dimension
Out of the depths of my soul
Hear my prayers I cannot speak nor write
The stories yet untold
Lift from me the hurt and pain the enemy constantly throws
And Lord when all is said and done. when my earthly race is won
Out of the depths of my soul I cry
Let me hear You say well done.

*In loving memory of my sister Gretchen Renee who went home to be with the Lord on November 12, 2015.  On that day heaven welcomed a faithful soldier. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."   "Only God...only God."


God bless.
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie



      

Comments

  1. Beautiful, your post touched my heart deeply. I love you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie