Skip to main content

Safety in His Presence

 

Proverbs 17:22

 

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”

All of my life I have been a pretty serious person.  I used to joke that, "I only laugh when it is seriously funny."  However, in the midst of the many trials and challenges, I can honestly say that I have always had a song in my heart.  Different songs for different times and situations.  Yet, always a song.  Many years ago in church we sang a song entitled, - "God Gave Me a Song."  

       "God gave me a song, that the angels could not sing.
        I've been washed in the blood of the crucified one. 
I’ve been redeemed...

Sometimes when I am feeling low no one to care, no place to go.  My Father is rich in houses and lands, he holds the power of the world in His hands."

The Lord will give us a song.
He personalizes our experiences.  

He makes hearts merry and lifts us when we feel low.  

Sorrows of the heart can and do sometimes dampen our spirits.

I have learned that the sad countenance that appears sometimes on  faces of believers, are not there by choice. Such looks often mask a hurting heart or wounded spirit.

 I have been broken more times than I can count.  The pain, strain,  mean or sad look that cast a shadow on my face, did not negate the joy in my heart.  

I found safety in the in the presence of the Lord to remove the mask and let my pain show. The arms of the Lord are a safe haven. A place of safety and transparency.

Mercy,  grace, forgiveness, and support in the presence of God.

 Always let us be mindful of the wounded warriors.

 Know that sometimes they come wrapped in neat packages and sometimes they present strong but may be treading water too.  
  
Remember what Jesus said and be encouraged:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
        - St. John 16:33 KJV

God bless.

In Christ,

Sis. Stephanie 

(revised repost from 2013) @sdktyus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie