Skip to main content

A MIND STAYED ON JESUS

 

Proverbs 23:7a

“For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: 


Woke up this mornin' with my mind,
my mind was stayed on Jesus.
Woke up this mornin' with my mind,
my mind was stayed on Jesus.
Woke up this mornin' with my mind,
my mind was stayed on Jesus.
Hallelu, hallelu, hallelujah.


It is true this morning I woke up with my mind on Jesus.

Throughout the night the Holy Spirit gave me songs. Songs of faith. Songs of encouragement. Songs to propel me to “keep on keeping on.”

He gave me songs to underline scripture. 

“Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty. Early in the morning my song shall rise to Thee.”

“Holy is Your Name. Holy is Your Name  Holy is Your Name in all the earth.”

“Bless the Lord. O my soul. And all that is within me. Bless His Holy Name.”

The Holy Spirit took me a little further.

“Said I wasn’t gonna tell nobody but I just couldn’t keep it to myself, what the Lord has done for me.”

Hold on!

“Please be patient with me. God is not through with me yet.”

Through the majestic power of the Holy Ghost both your heart and mind can be anchored in the Lord.

God blesses me to wake with thoughts of Him. His goodness, His mercy, His grace surrounds me.

“I know I’m not worthy of all these blessings but He keeps on blessing me.”

In my soul I hear the angels sing:

“Praise Him! Praise him! Praise Him! Jesus, Blessed Savior. He is worthy to be praised.”

And on that note🎶

God bless✨ 

In Christ,

Sis. Stephanie 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...