Skip to main content

Blessed are the Ties That Bind



"For the body is not one member, but many.If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him."
     - I Corinthians 12:14-18

Dear Friends,
The Body of Christ has been set in place by God. One body with many members is what the scripture lesson teaches us.  We are not all the same. We look different on the outside.  We possess different gifts.  Yet, all are important.  No one more important than another.  
Being one body in Christ is a blessing.  It is a magnificent opportunity to function on earth as representatives of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  His Body set in place member by member to accomplish His work.  His work is the focus not personal agendas.  The Word tells us in Philippians 2:4-16: 
"Do all things without murmurings and disputing:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain."

As the Body of Christ we are to strive to get along.  Folks like to say "get on the same page."  However, most important is that we are guided by the same book, The Bible.  The ties that bind us as Christian are blessed.  For it is the Lord Himself Who established the ties.

"But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him."  I Corinthians 12:18 cf

To be set in place by God is blessed.  His Word is sure. His faithfulness cannot be broken.  Bound together by Christian love. Love the greatest commandment. We are bound by love.  
St. John 13:35 states: 
"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

We are blessed by the ties that bind us. Our faith in God binds us.  Our hope in Christ binds us. Our love for one another by the power of the Holy Spirit binds us.  (See I Corinthians 13:3)

Blessed are the ties that bind!

in Christ, 
Sis. Stephanie





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...