Skip to main content

Only God




"I will go in the strength of the Lord God; I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only."
                         -Psalms 71:16

January 15, 2016

One of my sister's favorite saying was: "Only God!" No matter what happened she was able to keep her balance and remain steadfast by leaning on the truth of this Word: Only God.  

If you are blessed to have shelter - Only God
If you are blessed with health - Only God
If sickness looms large - Only God
If you ridiculed and thought to be odd - Only God

Only God. God Only.  There is none else besides who can lift us and illuminate darkness.   God said: "Let there be light" and at His Word daybreak appeared for the first time.  Glory to God! Only God.  God Only. How did it happen?  God showed up in Genesis to  let us know Who He Is.  Let there be light was God announcing Here I am for I am Light. "This then is the message which we have heard from Him and declare unto you: that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all." - I John 1:5

Only God. God alone.  The one with the ability to solve all because He knows all.
Only God can speak to trouble aka storms and by His Word peace comes forth. Only God.  God Only.

What then is the solution to whatever confronts you today? More appropriately one should ask Who is the Solution?  ONLY GOD!

I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me... - Isaiah 45:5

God bless!
Sis. Stephanie

Blest Be the Tie that Binds - John Fawcett
(Public Domain)

1 Blest be the tie that binds
our hearts in Christian love;
the fellowship of kindred minds
is like to that above. 
2 Before our Father's throne
we pour our ardent prayers;
our fears, our hopes, our aims are one,
our comforts and our cares. 
3 We share our mutual woes,
our mutual burdens bear,
and often for each other flows
the sympathizing tear. 
4 When we are called to part,
it gives us inward pain;
but we shall still be joined in heart,
and hope to meet again. 
5 This glorious hope revives
our courage by the way;
while each in expectation lives
and waits to see the day. 
6 From sorrow, toil, and pain,
and sin, we shall be free;
and perfect love and friendship reign
through all eternity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...