Skip to main content

Daddy



" And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?  Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion.  If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" - St. Luke 11:9-13

Dear Friends,

On Monday my father will turn 81!  On January 25, 1935 my father made his entrance into the world. My grandmother, "Grama" gave birth to her baby boy destined to make a difference. The dynamic duo, my parents, Ma and Daddy raised four children -- two boys and two girls.  

Daddy always took time to listen and talk to me.  He took me to the library to get my first library card. While I don't remember the title of the book I remember it had beautiful polka dots on the cover. I walked out of the library with my father holding my one hand and clutching my book with the other. Experiences like that one are etched in my memory.  My father.  My hero. Then and now.  He taught me to dance, he taught me to dream. I remember telling friends and professors when I went away to college, "My father taught me all I need know about how to survive." He was and is an excellent instructor, a wise man.

Today I am thankful that just as my earthly father held my hand to walk up the steps to the library entrance, My Heavenly Father walks with us as we experience the ups and downs of life. Father God gives the daily measure of faith, grace, love, mercy and endurance as the chapters in our lives continue to unfold. God through His Holy Spirit keeps us through sufficient grace. 

Today I close on a more personal note...

Happy birthday Daddy! Love and God bless! (I am my father's daughter) 

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie



.
.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...