Skip to main content

A Way of Escape




1 Corinthians 10:13King James Version (KJV)

13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.


Dear Friends,

Whatever temptation the enemy may send our way, God has provided a way of escape.  God does not set traps for His children.  There are test and trials that come into our lives and they fall into one category.  
The Bible tells us that the tying of our faith worketh patience.  (James 1:3)

Temptation, however, is a ploy of the enemy. Boundaries have been regarding these temptations as we see in I Corinthians 10:13.  Our escape from temptation is found in submitting ourselves to the will of God.  

Our dependence on Christ for direction in all things gives us the victory. We need only ask.

Yield Not to Temptation - Horatio Palmer @1868
(Public Domain)

  1. Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin;
    Each vict’ry will help you some other to win;
    Fight manfully onward, dark passions subdue;
    Look ever to Jesus, He’ll carry you through.
    • Refrain:
      Ask the Savior to help you,
      Comfort, strengthen, and keep you;
      He is willing to aid you,
      He will carry you through.
  2. Shun evil companions, bad language disdain,
    God’s name hold in rev’rence, nor take it in vain;
    Be thoughtful and earnest, kindhearted and true;
    Look ever to Jesus, He’ll carry you through.
  3. To him that o’ercometh, God giveth a crown,
    Through faith we will conquer, though often cast down;
    He who is our Savior, our strength will renew;
    Look ever to Jesus, He’ll carry you through.


Through Jesus Christ, God has provided a way of escape.

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...