Skip to main content

Above the Brightness of the Sun...


Acts 26:12-14King James Version (KJV)

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests,
13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.
14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Dear Friends,

There is a place above the brightness of the sun.  It this place, you might find "Your Damascus Road."  Like Saul, in the life of every born again believer there is a moment of acceptance, a place on life's journey, where the Holy Spirit knocks on the door of our hearts. We make a choice to accept the invitation to invite the Lord into our lives as Savior and King.  This is the beginning of the unclouded day. This is the start of our pathway home.  Heaven is the destination. It all starts above the brightness of the son.  God, with outstretched hand bids us to accept the gift He has provided. His Son Jesus Christ.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
   - St. John 3:16

God bless you!

in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie


Unclouded Day - J.K. Atwood (Public Domain)

  1. Oh, they tell me of a home far beyond the skies,
    Oh, they tell me of a home far away;
    Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise,
    Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, the land of cloudless day,
      Oh, the land of an unclouded sky,
      Oh, they tell me of a home where no storm clouds rise,
      Oh, they tell me of an unclouded day.
  2. Oh, they tell me of a home where my friends have gone,
    Oh, they tell me of that land far away,
    Where the tree of life in eternal bloom
    Sheds its fragrance through the unclouded day.
  3. Oh, they tell me of a King in His beauty there,
    And they tell me that mine eyes shall behold
    Where He sits on the throne that is whiter than snow,
    In the city that is made of gold.
  4. Oh, they tell me that He smiles on His children there,
    And His smile drives their sorrows all away;
    And they tell me that no tears ever come again
    In that lovely land of unclouded day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...