Skip to main content

Pray Before You Extend the Invitation...

Proverbs 4:7King James Version (KJV)

7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

Dear Friends,
Pray before you extend the invitation.  Likewise, pray before you accept.  It takes wisdom to know when to advance and when to retreat.  God can and will provide the direction needed if we only ask Him.  Many mistakes are made because we move into situations and enter relationships/friendships without consulting God.  
It is true that not everyone is meant to sit close. Everyone you meet is not a friend and should not sit down at the table with you and have a front seat in your life.  This does not mean that we are not to show love.  However, love must sometimes be shared from a distance and there are a myriad of ways to show love.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie
        

         Life is a Theater, ­ Invite Your Audience Carefully

Not everyone is spiritually healthy and mature enough to have a front row seat in our lives. There are some people in your life who need to be loved from a distance.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go, or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships, friendships, fellowships.

Observe the relationships around you.

Pay attention to:

Which ones lift and which ones lean?
Which ones encourage and which ones discourage?
Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill?
When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse?
Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know and appreciate you and the gift that lies within you?

When you seek growth, peace of mind, love and truth, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.

You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you are around.

Ask God for godly wisdom and discernment, and choose wisely the people who sit in the front row of your life.


- Author Unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...