Skip to main content

In the Morning When I Rise...


Psalm 55:16-17King James Version (KJV)

16 As for me, I will call upon God; and the Lord shall save me.
17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
Dear Friends,
Father God,
Before the break of day I need the presence of the Holy Spirit for I realize that no alarm clock can wake me but only a touch from the Lord.  I need the power of God to move for it is in Him I have life.  Lord God before day breaks, give me Jesus.
At the start of the day, give me Jesus. I need the Lord to lead and guide me throughout the day. I need him to guide my thoughts and actions and govern my tongue. In the morning when I rise, give me Jesus. 
When it gets rough and I cannot see my way Father God send Your Holy Spirit.
I know that all power rests in the hands of Your Precious Son. He has promised never to forsake me. Through the meditation on Your Word renew my strength. Give me Jesus.
Thank you Lord. In Jesus Name. Amen.
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Give Me Jesus - Negro Spiritual

1 In the morning when I rise,
in the morning when I rise,
in the morning when I rise,
give me Jesus.
Refrain:
Give me Jesus,
give me Jesus,
you may have all this world;
give me Jesus.
2 Dark midnight was my cry,
dark midnight way my cry,
dark midnight was my cry,
give me Jesus. [Refrain]
3 Just about the break of day,
just about the break of day,
just about the break of day,
give me Jesus. [Refrain]

4 Oh, when I come to die,
oh, when I come to die,
oh, when I come to die,
give me Jesus. [Refrain]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...