Skip to main content

Give Us This Day Lord - Matthew 6:11


“Give us this day our daily bread.”
     - Matthew 6:11

Give us this day Lord. Grant those things that are needed in our life.  Fill our hearts with love and sincere compassion one for another.

Give us this day Lord.  Help us to be patient with others and also with ourselves.  Give us wisdom that we might do as you have instucted us and be: "swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath."

Give us this day Lord.  Steady our focus. Clear our minds and cleanse our hearts. Let us aim to please You in all we say and do.

Give us this day Lord. Feed us with Your Word that our spirits might be made strong. Nourish our bodies with sustenance that is needed to maintain health.  Teach us how to share more fully of the bounty you have given us.

Give us this day Lord our daily bread.

In Jesus name we pray.  Amen

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Copy and paste your brower to listen: 

https://youtu.be/x5RyEZ5n-3o

"Give Us This Day" - Edwin Hawkins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...