Skip to main content

In the "What" Time - Psalms 56:3



“What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.”
     - Psalms 56:3


In what time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.  When I am fearful, I will trust.  When I am anxious, I will trust. When I am overwhelmed, I will trust.  When I am am lonely, I will trust.
I choose trust.  I chose to trust in God.

In times when the way is cloudy, I will trust.  When l don't understand what is going on around me, I will trust.  When it seems as though all hope is lost, I will trust.

We have a choice.  Trust in God is a choice.  The expression "faith over fear." is worth meditating on.  Faith over fear. For a child of God it is choosing to trust Him, to take Him at His word.  It is an exchange of our feelings for His grace.

Sometimes I find myself getting anxious.  I feel tempted to reside in worry rather than abide in faith.  Praise God for the Holy Spirit.  He reminds me that I have a choice.  His prompting encourages me to exchange my anxiety and worry for trust in God.

God is Faithful.  He is reliable.  God is Trustworthy.  He is dependable.  God is the Lord of past, present and future.  In the "what" times of my past, He was there.  In the "what" times of my present, He is here.  In the "what" time of the future, He reigns.

"I trust in God wherever I may be. Upon the land or out on the rolling sea. For come what may from day to day, my Heavenly Father watches over me. He makes the rose an object of His care.  He guides the eagle through the pathless air.  And surely He, remembers me.  My Heavenly Father watches over me."   - William C. Martin

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...