Skip to main content

O Lord! How Great Thou Art! - Psalm 104:1


"Bless the Lord, O my soul.  O Lord my God, thou art very great, thou art clothed with honour and majesty."  Psalm 104:1

The songwriter penned: "Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee. How Great Thou Art.  How Great Thou Art."

When the soul sings hearts are made glad.  A singing soul does not require even that you can carry a tune.  It only requires a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Jesus is the Song in our lives.  He is our Hope.  He is our Peace.  He is our Joy.  Jesus.  He is the Melody,  Jesus is the Author of harmony. Jesus.

A soul that sings.  How majestic it is.   The singing soul knows that in the midst of any difficulty the Great God is in control.  Consider the birds of the morning.  They burst into song by the prompting of God.  The Lord is the True Director.  At His command all of nature fills their place.
Along with the singing birds there comes the rising son.  Clouds are in their place.  By the direction of God they appear fluffy white or cast over with the dark shadow of threatening rain.  

In the present age in which we find ourselves, the deer are more prevalent in appearing in neighbors.
Geese walk down neighborhood streets and fly away to safety at the order of the Lord.  Why? I believe that the animals are illustrating for us the power of Great God.  He has restored their hope. Some while once hidden in select places are declaring that they know God and are unafraid. 

I pray that the grand scheme of nature will recapture the attention of us all.    I do not want the rocks to cry out for me.  I choose to be a singing soul.

Thus sings my soul!  Thank You Lord for another day.  Thank You Lord for Your protection and for Your provision.  Thank You for the chance to live another day.  Thank You for the joy in my heart and the peace that guards my mind even now.  Thank You Lord for being Great.  Thank You Lord for being Mighty.  Thank You Lord for being Faithful.  Even now my soul sings hallelujah.

The troubles of the times do not negate the power of God.  He is in control.  Always!  Let us sing in our very souls: O Lord! How Great Thou Art!

God bless!
in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...