Skip to main content

Just As I Am

 Romans 12:1 - King James Version

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

  My grandmother used to say: "He made me, and He knows all about me."  I did not understand the weight of her words when I was a little girl.  Now I do.  So here I am once again.  I raise my hands towards heaven and say: "It is me Lord."   I am coming just as I am.

I have nothing to offer except myself.  You made me and You know everything about me.  No pretense.  Well, even if I wanted to pretend I cannot.  I may smile in front of others when I am crying inside.  But You God  know my weeping.  You hear the sobs when no one is around. Just as I am I come to You.

You see me and I appreciate that.  You understand me, no misunderstandings with you.  In my failings you accept me.  When I succeed it is due to You.  Beyond my faults You see me.  I can come to You on bended knee, crawling when I cannot walk.  I can walk towards You or run real fast.  You do not make me feel silly when I come.  I can imagine that You say, here comes my child.  I see Your outstretched arms in my mind's eye.

Just as I am.  I come rejoicing.  I stand before Your presence in awe.  I sit at Your feet, and I am blessed.  You care about "me."  Bless Your Holy Name.  I present myself to You a living sacrifice. Alive in You and dead to myself.  I live in You.   I am moving in You.  The Great I Am keeps me.

Just as I am I thank You.  Just as I am I praise You.  Just as I am I worship You.  I know when I present myself this way, You are faithful to preserve and correct.  You fashion me according to Your will.

Just as I am, I come.

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...