Skip to main content

Where Has the Time Gone

 Psalm 90:12

" So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."

It's time.  Time to get up.  Time to eat. Time to go to sleep.  What time is it? It is time to go to work.  It is time to make your doctor's appointment.  What time did you say it was?  It's almost time to take out the trash.  It's almost time for graduation.  Time to slow down.  How much time did you say I have?  Where has the time gone?

Time.  Marking of days on the calendar or counting the days of the week.  Time is a factor in so many decisions.  We talk about it and mark it as though we were in control.  Misconception. God controls time and He allows us to manage it.

Each day is a fresh beginning.  A new day brings the opportunity to start again.  This starting over is filled with new mercies and sufficient grace.  During the past few years, it has become more challenging "to keep up with the times."  Altered work and school schedules have many, myself included asking "is today Thursday or Friday?"  "Wow! It's Monday already.  Where has the time gone?"

The truth is time is constant.  It is best accounted for as we live in the present moment.  This doesn't negate planning for future events.  However, it does stress the importance of focusing on what is in front of us.  It chides us to treasure the day we are in.  Choose this day.  This is the day to rejoice.  This is the day to stir up a teachable heart, Give us this day.  Give us the wisdom, the guidance and strength we need O Lord.  Today.

Time that is past cannot be recovered.  Time ahead can be planned for but not predicted. The time we seek is right here.  It is right now.  

Time?  The time is now.

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...