Skip to main content

Pray. Prayed. Praying.



"He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer." - Psalms 102:17


  • Destitute - synonyms: poor, impoverished, more needy, distressed

Dear Friends,

Pray. Prayed. Praying.

  God does hear and answer prayer. Many can attest to answered prayer. Yet, our certainty that He hears and answers is because The Word of God declares it.  God does not lie.

As the Holy Spirit led me to Psalms 102:17 I was in awe of the magnitude of of the word destitute. Destitution is a state we can all find ourselves in. Lack of material wealth, economically disadvantaged is of course a kind of destitution.  However, to be emotionally impoverished, distressed by the cares of life can cause devastation that many people including Christians struggle with.

The solution is to pray. The comfort is knowing you have prayed. You can rest secure having cast your concerns and anxieties upon Jesus Christ.  The deliverance is manifest when you keep on praying. Pray. Prayed. Praying. These three represent the present, the past and future remedy to any destitution.

 Don't faint in prayer. The Bible tells s to continue instant in prayer. (Romans 12:12)  Jesus tells us to always pray and never give up. 
(Luke 18:1. We are told to rejoice always and pray continually. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

God hears. He will regard the prayer of the needy. He will not turn His back on the prayers of His children.

Hear the Word of the Lord:

   "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." - St. Matthew 5:3

I leave you with these words to ponder: PRAY! PRAYED! PRAYING!

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...