Skip to main content

Action Plan



"Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:  For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city."
 - Acts 18:9-10

Dear Friends,

Several years ago I left my job to take a position with another organization.  In order to accept the new job, I had to take a cut in pay although it was a "promotional opportunity."  I remember clearly arriving home at the end of my first day on the new job. I  fell on my knees  crying and asked God: "How did you let me leave my good job to come here?"  Audacity, ungratefulness, low vision all of these could be applied to the nerve I exerted in passively aggressively blaming God for my decision.  There was, however, a faith factor involved.  I cried to God because I knew He alone had the answer to the question.  God did answer.  The scripture verse for today was part of the answer.  The remainder came in Acts 18:11:

"And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them."

Through these verses the Lord gave me an Action Plan:
  • Don't be afraid 
  • I am with thee
  • Speak up
  • Speak out
  • I will protect you
  • You are not only...there are other soldiers 
  • Don't move until you hear from Me
The Holy Spirit dried my tears as I held on to the truth of God's Word. He strengthens me through each challenge.   I was resolved to be confident for the Lord told me not to be afraid.  I was determined to be strong for the Lord assured me that He was with me.  I was purposeful in addressing inequity where  I could because the Lord told me to speak up.  I learned to be transparent in my interactions because the Lord instructed me to speak out.   I sometimes found myself in dangerous situations some of which could have been career breakers, yet through the urging of the Holy Spirit I kept the faith.  God had promised to protect me.  There were times when I was tempted to drown in self pity and each time, God showed me in a tangible way that I was in good company. There were other Christians present for support both co-workers and clients.

The testimony: At the end of the year and six months I obtained a new position (newly created) within the same organization by the Power of God!

Wherever you are today, whatever you are facing the solution is to be found in God's Word.  I am a witness that in the sufficiency of His grace there is power to accomplish all He sets before us.

The songwriter has penned:  "There is power in the Name of Jesus to break every chain, break every chain, break every chain."

Today, right now, hear the Holy Spirit whisper: "Don't be afraid; I am with you, speak up, speak out, I will protect you, you are not alone I have much people in this city."


in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...