Skip to main content

Upgraded



"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God."
 - Colossians 3:1-3 KJV


Dear Friends,

In our technological society it seems that we are always being inundated with messages to upgrade.  Upgrade to a new phone.  Upgrade our computer operating system.  Upgrade to a new vehicle. This constant pressure to upgrade can be overwhelming if we allow ourselves to give in to the constant pressure to go after the latest model when our current edition is working just fine.

 In looking up synonyms for the word I found the following: ascent, uphill, uprise.  Merriam-Webster gives the following definition: a raising or a state of being raised to a higher rank or position.
The definition caught my attention.  

Colossians 3:1-3 talks about the ultimate upgrade.  "If ye then be risen with Christ..."  Christians those who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior have been Upgraded.  Upgraded and placed in a new position, a new place of citizenship.

"For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;" - Ephesians 2:18-20

In Christ we have been raised to a higher state of being.  Our affections are to be directed to things which are above.  What does that mean to dwell on things above?  It is to acknowledge the Source of Our Help is Jesus and not man.  It is to realize that  the ultimate reward for our labor  cannot be satisfied with monetary gain.  

Let the words of this timeless hymn encourage you in your upgraded state.

Hold to God's Unchanging Hand - by Jennie Wilson 
under Public Domain
1 Time is filled with swift transition,
Naught of earth unmoved can stand,
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand. 
Refrain:
Hold to God’s unchanging hand,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand;
Build your hopes on things eternal,
Hold to God’s unchanging hand. 
2 Trust in Him who will not leave you,
Whatsoever years may bring,
If by earthly friends forsaken
Still more closely to Him cling. [Refrain]
3 Covet not this world’s vain riches
That so rapidly decay,
Seek to gain the heav’nly treasures,
They will never pass away. [Refrain]
4 When your journey is completed,
If to God you have been true,
Fair and bright the home in glory
Your enraptured soul will view. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THANKFULLY

  Philippians 1:3   “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Wherever you are today, I thank God for you. Family, friends and all. I thank God. I praise God for allowing our lives to intersect in some way. May this day and every day be filled with gratitude. I pray that grace and peace abound.  Let mercy and grace be multiplied. Thankfully, the Lord God has brought us, from a mighty long way. God bless✨  In Christ, Sis. Stephanie 

SHIFT KEY

  1 Corinthians 13:12 “For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.”  It all depends on how you look at it. What’s your focus? Is the picture clear or blurry? Do you need to crop the photo for a better view? A little shift in focus can be key.  Shifting the way you look at things can make a big difference.  I am looking at the shift key on my keyboard. I have options. Lower case or uppercase. Numerical or special characters. Failure to shift correctly can cause denied access because my password is not recognized. Shift is key. Some things can be better understood if we take the time to change our focus.  Zoom in on what really matters.  Stop looking at things that appear  insurmountable. Instead shift your focus. Look at God. The view is breathtaking when I look up. I see Jesus. He sees me. I am shifting my focus. Eyes lifted up. I see where my help comes from. My help comes from the Lord. The Lord who

Through the Eyes of Faith ...By Grace

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of work, lest anyone should boast.   - Ephesians 2:8-9  “Amazing grace shall always be my song of praise for it was grace that bought my liberty. I don’t know why He chose to love me so. He looked beyond my faults and saw my needs.”  So much has happened since the last time I “saw” you. The changing circumstances of the journey have been stabilized by an Unchanging God.   Journey on my sisters and brothers. Bask in the knowledge that unfailing mercy and sufficient grace surround you.   Grace makes new beginnings possible. We can begin again. The time is now. The choice? It’s yours. Yours for the asking.  Through the eyes of faith…we see Jesus.  God bless! In Christ,  Sis. Stephanie