Skip to main content

Fearfully, Wonderfully, Abundantly



" I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." - Psalms 139:14

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." - St. John 10:10

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - II Timothy 1:7

Dear Friends,

Praise God, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.  Our design as human beings is intricate.  Fearfully made.  Awesome creations.  Wonderfully made. Purposeful.  God has a plan and a design for our lives.  The Almighty God, His works are great, insurmountable.  We are the works of His Hands.  Created in this image. Fearfully and wonderfully. 

"Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves..."  Psalms 100:3 cf

Today dwell in the truth of who you are in Christ. It is His will that we know not only who we are but also the care He applied in making us.  He wants us to know this well.  

The Lord intends for us to walk in abundance.  This abundance does not mean that every Christian is going to be materially rich.  Though some are.  However, abundant peace, abundant joy, abundant love and sufficient grace are part of the life planned for us.  There will be things that threaten this abundance but the Lord is greater than any threat.

We choose not to live in fear for that is not from God.  Rather, He has ordained power, love and sound mind.

I encourage you today to remember Fearfully, Wonderfully, Abundantly ...own it and walk therein!

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...