Skip to main content

Why Not Today?



"For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;  While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses."
   - Hebrews 3:14-16

Dear Friends,

So often we put off "doing."  We tell ourselves this or that can wait until tomorrow.  I will sort out the mail next week.  I will make the call or send the email when I have a chance.  The question the Holy Spirit has placed on my heart is: Why not today?

Perhaps, there is a friend or family member you have not spoken with in a while.  You have been intending to reach out but just have not gotten around to it.  Why not do it today?

There is a scripture that the Holy Spirit keeps bringing to mind and then there is the song.  You can't quite remember the verse or where it is found. You plan to look it up when you have a moment. Why not today?

We put things off trusting that there will be another time, another day that affords us the opportunity to accomplish intended tasks.  We are going to get to it tomorrow.  The question is: Why not today.

The scriptures tell us:

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."  James 4:14-15

Today! The Lord has blessed us with today. While it is true that there are only so many things one can accomplish, there are some things we can take care of.  The Holy Spirit, as He orders our steps and directs our days will prioritize
for us where to begin.

Listen...do you hear Him?  Call, text, write, visit...Why not today?

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...