Skip to main content

One Oh One! 101




"O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people  For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord." - Psalms 117:1-2

Dear Friends,

I praise God today, the One and the Only, Lord of Lords for this 101st blog entry.  To say that He alone is Worthy is to know this.

Years ago the Lord placed on my heart to write a newsletter: "Unique Inspiration."  I wrote and published the newsletter for some years and distributed it with the help of family and friends.  My mother was my proof reader. I remember also, the encouragement I received from the late Sis. Gertrude Ribbins who allowed me to put copies out in her family's bookstore.
 
In 2012 The Unique Inspiration appeared as a blog and through transition, my "Abraham to Israel" experience, I have journeyed to  "Tysthatbind."  The journey to get here has been due to the One! Oh! One! The Lord.   He continues to encourage me, to comfort me, through life. He stirs up the gift in me to encourage others.  

God's classroom, 101.  It is a lifetime experience.  There is growth but no graduate courses.  Graduation will be transition when we all get to heaven!  

I thank God for allowing me to share with each of you. I pray God's blessings upon your lives.  There is a tie that binds us.  The Holy Spirit links us, knits us, all together.  The Word of God tells us:

" That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." - Colossians 2:2-3

I encourage you today, knowing that we are bound together, remember to do this:

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:31-32

And,

" Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil."
   - Ephesians 6:10-11 


             Blessed be the ties that bind our hearts in Christian
             love.  The fellowship of kindred minds is like to that
             above.

in Christ,

Sis. Stephanie 




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...