Skip to main content

Your Time to Shine!



"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."
    - St. Matthew 5:16


Dear Friends,

Today is your time to shine!  Speak peace into the life of someone else with a kind word or action.  Go on! Hold the door for the person behind you.  Pay for the person in line behind you at the drive-thru.  Tell someone that they look nice.  Pray for the person behind you or next to you while you are waiting at the red light.  

Shine on!  Be ready to give an answer to anyone who would ask you, why you are so cheerful, loving, forgiving.  Tell someone about the goodness of the Lord.  Have your testimony ready.  Sure you have a lot of them.  The Lord has brought us from a mighty long way.  Dust off, polish up the one that the Holy Spirit told you to share.  I know you said "you wasn't gonna tell nobody." But come on now, it's your time to shine!

Remember:

 "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.  
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house."  - St. Matthew 5:13-15

As for me, "This little light of mine I'm gonna let it shine...Jesus gave it to me, I'm gonna let it shine...Everywhere I go, I'm gonna let it shine. Let is SHINE! Let it Shine!  Let it SHINE!"

Time to shine!

in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...