Skip to main content

What a Difference a Day Makes




"The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise [child] shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, and she that bare thee shall rejoice." - Proverbs 23:24-25

Dear Friends,

On March 7, 1990 my oldest daughter was born.  I remember when my father and mother came to visit us in the hospital.  Daddy said "what a difference a day makes" and wrote it on the board.  It is true that on that day twenty-six years ago my life was forever changed.  God blessed me with the greatest joy, the desire of my heart, motherhood.  

From the moment my daughter arrived she has been teaching me.  Through the responsibility of taking care of her as an infant I learned to be more organized, more caring, more deliberate and became more affectionate.
During her toddler years, I learned pure laughter, the joy of discovery, and the meaning of unconditional love.  I learned what pure adoration and unconditional love are through her acceptance of me faults and all.
Each year of her life has revealed her character and she wears wisdom well.

There are times I marvel that this young Christian woman with such a gentle spirit and strong faith is "my daughter."  I remember when she accepted Christ and was baptized.  No longer just mother and daughter, we then became sisters in Christ.

Today I celebrate my daughter on this her birthday.  I thank her for being an example of the love and light of Christ.  I applaud her courage in standing firm in her faith and being consistent in her study of God's Word.  I pray for that as she continues to live and learn and grow in the knowledge of the Lord, her strength will increase.  

A day does make a difference.  Experience joy in each day.  I thank God for choosing to answer my prayer to become a mother three times over.  It all started with Dayna!  (God is my judge).

"May the Good Lord bless you! May the Good Lord bless you! May the Good Lord bless you!

Happy birthday, dear Dayna!  Happy birthday to YOU! 

"Delight thyself in the Lord Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." - Psalms 37:4

in Christ,
Sis. Stephanie



“Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...