Skip to main content

Personal Wellness




January 24, 2013



"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body." - II Corinthians 4:8-10


Dear Friend,


"Daughter if you don't believe the songs you're singing you just ought to stop singing them." These words from my late  father in-law Rev. Edward Tyus often come to mind.  This saying and others were a springboard for discussion as he encouraged me to consider the Source of my Faith.  As time passed the Lord gave me my own "handle"
to share, "it don't matter what it looks like it only matters what it is!"  

It often looks like trouble that surrounds us will overtake us,  that we are alone in our struggles and that there is no way out.  Peace seems like it will never surface and the shades have been pulled down over our souls.  This is what depression can and often does look like.  Some poets and writers have described this as "dark days and cloudy skys."

The Psalmist asks in Psalm 43:4-5:




  • Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
The Lord is our Healer.  He lifts the clouds!


  We can have personal wellness.  The Lord is Our Personal Trainer.

  • And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
     And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.  - St. Luke 8:47-48

    The Lord will finish what He started.  The Lord is Our Confidence

  • Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:  - Philippians 1:6
 
No matter what be secure in knowing that through Christ, those who have a personal relationship with Him are secure.  Hold fast!

  • "When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul. It is well, with my soul, It is well, it is well with my soul."  -  Horatio Spafford 1873

Personal Wellness through Jesus Christ!
God bless!

Sis. Stephanie D.K. Tyus












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...