Skip to main content

Shout Out


January 9, 2013

                              "O clap your hands, all ye people, shout unto
                               God with the voice of triumph." - Psalm 47:1





Some years ago a local radio personality featured a daily morning programs where listeners could call in and give "shout outs."  An individual could give a "shout out" i.e., a word of encouragement or thanks to a family member, friend, their church family or fellow Christian. Many "shout outs" were lifted to the Lord for His many blessings.  The program was very popular and uplifting.

Recently I was thinking about the power of a shout.  The more I thought about it, my thoughts made their way to my throat, into my mouth and off my lips.  The next thing I knew,
"Thank you Jesus" and "Yes Lord!" were ringing in the room. 

There is power in a shout!  The walls of Jericho came down after a mighty shout!  One songwriter penned:  "Don't wait till the battle is over shout now!"

Whoever you are today and wherever you might be as you read these words I want to give a "shout out" to you!  Continue to trust in the Lord. Be encouraged and know that you are not alone in your efforts.  In Christ, we are one body with many members.  That, is something to shout about!  The "voice of triumph" is understanding that we do have the
victory already through Christ.

                                 "And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and
                                  as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of many thunderings,
                                  saying Alleluia; for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
                                              - Revelation 19:6

The thunderings were a shout. Shout out!

God Bless!

Sis. Stephanie D. K. Tyus




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Journey Here

  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalms 23:4 The journey here...that is really something to think about.  Where we are in life as compared to where we had hoped to be.  Paths chosen while other were forgotten or neglected.  Decisions.  Times of indecisiveness. There were times we crawled. Too weary to walk.  We ran. We were too impatient to wait.   The journey.  Here.  That is really something to think about. For me the most difficult and sometimes debilitating aspect of the journey, has been walking through the valley of the shadow of death.  Tempted to fear due to memories of time I could have spent, conversations I should have had, hugs I wish I had given.  This type of fearful fretting is not of God.  I have learned; I am learning that if I truly believe, He is with me.  If I surely stand on His promi...

If We Live

  For  that  ye ought to say, If the Lord  will ,  we  shall live, and  do   this ,  or   that .                                                   - James 4:15 If I live to see tomorrow... I remember hearing adults say this when I was a child.  Tomorrow seemed to be some miraculous day.  Big things were going to happen.  Something special was in store.  I began to think and say aloud: I can't wait until tomorrow. I did not realize that the biggest factor in "tomorrow" was if the Lord willed us to live to see it.  Everything, each and every day rested in the will of God.  So, what about today? How about some reframing.  "The Lord has blessed me with today. He allowed me this day."  How about doing something in the now. Procrastination is a thief.  It is a threat to hope....

I Remember

"When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.  Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings I will rejoice." - Psalms 63:6-7 Dear Friends, "My sister and me used to have bunk beds.  This reminds of me of that. Do you remember Stephanie? It's like we are having a pajama party." I remember. I sat with my sister in her Hospice room and I remembered.  Bunk beds that we sometimes had stacked and at other times they were laid side by side, like twin beds.  I remember that we are not in our room of long ago. Unless the Lord says otherwise when this "party" is over my sister will be with the Lord and I will return to my earthly home.  I remember. God was a Mighty Fortress during those days.  In a place where people go to comfortably die, the Lord was teaching a lesson on how to live.  Praise and worship was the norm.  My sister the angelic soprano sang.  Family came in the room and for...